Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Howlong Does Tendonitie Lasr



God has started working in the lives of the parents and siblings When Anneke and I were in Africa this past May, somebody from Ukraine was trying to get hold of me on my cell phone, but I did not answer the phone as it would cost the person who was calling an arm and the leg. So upon our arrival back in Ukraine, I phoned back and found out that it was the
deacon of the Church in Ananev that called me while in Uganda
.
We talked for a little while about the camps and then he asked me why I did not answer my phone. I told him that Anneke and I were in Uganda and it would have cost him a lot if I had picked it up. He was very surprised and really excited. He asked me whether it would be possible for Anneke and I to come and share about our trip to Uganda at their church. I said of course but I could not really tell whether he meant it or not. I got the answer to this question very soon. Every time he called me he would ask me when we will come. So finally we agreed that Anneke and I would come after the camps. And so we did it, only partially. I had to leave the better half of me at home because she wasn't feeling well. So There were 7 kids from the camps and the deacon, Serezha , that came to listen to the Uganda presentation. Every body was shocked by the conditions that the people live in over there and I think I was able to convey the importance of discipleship to them and the church leadership. Kids had a chance to re-estimate the conditions that they live in. Serezha said that he would not agree to go and be a missionary in Uganda. We had a time of fellowship with the kids for about one and a half hours and then about two hours with Serezha. We talked about the past and upcoming camps.
He told me a lot about the impact of the camps which stays beyond the scene - families . Serezha told me that parents tell them that their kids came back home different and they are really happy about it. So, I believe, that God has started working in the lives of the parents and siblings through the kids who came to the camp. Praise be to God for that! We talked also about the upcoming camps next summer. The church in Ananev is really interested in the family camp. They already have 12 people who would like to go plus the pastor's family . I really hope that Serezha will be able to go as well. So, please keep Ananev in your prayers and the camps next summer as well. Be blessed, Arkadiy and Anneke Arkadiy and Anneke Naidenov are members of the IM team in Odessa, soulhouse@narod.ru

0 comments:

Post a Comment