Monday, August 15, 2005

Broken Blood Vessel In Penis




I would like to see church growth
.



Today, as a waterfall of rain pounded the soil outside,
Light Christian Fellowship
in Odessa, blessed Maxim Pitomets as our new pastor! We caught up with the twenty-something leader after the service for a few questions! Q: Max, many of our blog readers have never met you, by way of introduction, please tell us about the main events in your life over the past year. Maxim: The most important event is that
Maryana
and I were married. Today is our one year anniversary! And we gave birth to our first child this year! Another main event was that I was able to attend and graduate from the International Missionary Mentoring program of International Messengers in Odessa. That was very important.
Q:
What do you hope to see in the future of Light Christian Fellowship ?
Maxim: I would like to see church growth. Of course this is not the most important. But it is important. If God is adding people to a church that says something. I want our church to be active in supporting new believers and also other young people who have been believers for some time and desire spiritual growth. How will I do this? Not alone, for sure. We have a team. Today I was announced pastor, but I do not see myself as above our church counsel. We are a team and make all decisions together. The goals I mentioned are my personal desires, but our counsel is with me in these goals. I also want our church to work closely with International Messengers, not that we do everything together, but that we have unity in our unique roles.

Q: I have heard that you have plans for future personal Biblical studies? Maxim:
Yes, if it is God's will, I would like to study at Kyiv Bible Seminary through their correspondence program for Christian Education and Church Planting. First I will need to pass some entrance exams. The program would last 4 or 5 years. I really hope to have this possibility as it is very important. Q:
What is your favorite part of fatherhood so far?

Maxim: So far our daughter is still very young. I am looking forward to the time when we can talk together. But I feel the responsibility of fatherhood very strongly, to protect and defend her. It is amazing to have your own child. Only other fathers can understand what that sensation is like. There are many other children, but having your own is entirely different and very special.
Q: How could others pray for you personally and for Light Christian Fellowship ?

Maxim: I would appreciate prayer for our marriage. Pray that my wife and I would be blessed with wisdom to find good compromises with each other. Pray that we would relate to each other with humility. And for the church, pray for unity between me and the other members. Often I don't understand the people in the church and they likely have the same difficulty with me. Pray that we would be able to partner together with the same thoughts and goals. This needed unity doesn't depend on me but on the Lord. We will have new believers, and they will need to be taught and set on the right path, so that they can do the same with others. However, the skeleton of the church needs to be whole for this process to be effective. These are sanctified people. Pray for unity in the same spirit."
Beth Oehler, member of the local IM team Odessa, spoke with Maxim Pitomec. You can contact her at boehler@runbox.com and Maxim can be contacted at pita82@mail.ru

0 comments:

Post a Comment